The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Was Haddonfield, Illinois on Route 66? Halloween's Michael Myers Hometown

I recorded and watched the six "Halloween" movies AMC had on TV during the week of Halloween.

When I got to the sixth movie "Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers" I had to back the VHS up when I saw a map of the Haddonfield area.  It was what I thought it was.  There was a map at the bus station showing Haddonfield and its surrounding towns.  To one side was Dwight and the other was Pontiac.  I also saw Joliet and Gardner nearby.

That would be nowhere else but Illinois' Livingston County.

Haddonfield would be about where Odell is.

That means, Route 66!!!  I didn't know that.  I'd always figured the town was somewhere south of Springfield.

A Route 66 Connection.  --RoadDog

No comments: