The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Give Me Ona Dose $7,99 Steak Dinners-- Part 1

And, in Chicago's Loop, where you can always expect to pay more.

From the July 26th Chicago Tribune "A steal deal, just like in olden days" by Kevin Pang.

I think I want to apply for Mr.Pang's job.  Go to neat old places and eat.  Just my thing.  And, I thought these steak places were long-gone, but they're not.  Spending $7.99 for a full meal, and a steak one at that, is an amazing deal in these days of the price of everything going up and salaries for most folks dropping like a rock.

This steak house in Chicago at 100 W. Randolph St (near Clark and Lake streets) still has the prices in the windows.  And..they're what the rest of us 99% can afford.  Well, perhaps 85%.

I thought these steak places were gone, except, perhaps for J & D in Clinton, Iowa.  I remember eating at Tad's Steak House in Chicago back in the 60s when a full meal cost $1.99.

The next time I'm in Chicago, I'll definitely try to eat at this place.

More to Come.  --RoadDog

No comments: