The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a Groundhog Thing...You Wouldn't Understand

Saturday, it was all those little furry critters. The number one mid-winter day to go along with the #1 TV commercial these days, you know, "Hey you danged woodchucks, quit chucking my WOOD!!!"

I drove to nearby Woodstock, Illinois, and saw the movie "Groundhog Day" on the big screen in the theatre featured in the movie. Got my groundhog cookie and filled up on some really fine chili at the cook-off.

Of course, the movie was filmed mostly in Woodstock, not Punxsutawney, Pa.. and they still haven't forgiven Woodstock.

Then bought books I didn't need at the sale and listened to two pairs of really fine folk singers.

I didn't go on the walking tour as I've been on it many times, but I did FINALLY get my chance to eat at the site of the Tip-Top Cafe which was featured in many scenes in the movie. Never been able to fo that before.

I then made the mistake of going into the memorabilia store and attended the movie symposium.

Looking Forward to Next Year. --RoadDog

No comments: