The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2009 Thanksgiving Trip to NC-- Part 4

IS WEST VIRGINIA TURNING CHICAGO?-- It appears the West Virginia Turnpike is pulling a page out of the Chicago playbook, and that is that they significantly jumped the price of driving along I-77 south of Charleston. I am fairly sure that the last time I drove it, it cost $1.25 at each of the three toll plazas. It was $2 at each this time. Big increases is a Chicago trick. Seriously cuts into my bbq eating funds.

At least the people taking your money were friendly and pleasant, unlike on the Illinois tollways where gruff is often what you get for your dough.


WHAT'S WITH THOSE WV GAS PRICES?-- I always try to fill up in Ohio or Virginia as West Virginia ALWAYS has higher gas prices. It is usually 20 cents higher off the interstate and this last time, $2.95 at the oases. Never understood why their gas prices would be so high. Must be a COAL THING.


FRIGHTENING TRUCK RUNAWAY LANES-- It always gives a moment of reflection when I drive the last miles of I-77 in Virginia coming down out of the mountains and see the signs saying truck runaway lane ahead. The last thing I would want to see is one of those big rigs coming up behind me as full speed as that grill gets bigger and bigger in the rear view mirror. Probably WOULD be the last thing I saw.

However, I'd rather have these lanes going up the side of the mountains than not. Something I can live with.


TUNNELING MY WAY THROUGH THE APPS-- Don't forget to turn on and off your lights at the two long tunnels you go through on I-77. Boy, those trucks really fly through these. Guess there is no fear that old Barney might be running a radar.

It's a Road Thing, You Wouldn't Understand. --RoadDog

No comments: