The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

National Road

Finally back at home after 15 days going to and returning from North Carolina where I had Thanksgiving with family.

I did manage to drive a short section of the National Road in Ohio earlier today from Jackson Town to Reynoldsburg. I had planned to drive from west of Zanesville, but it was just too foggy, rainy, and overcast. It finally let up when I got to Jackson Town.

Saw Clark's where I had that excellent chicken dinner and pie (they're famous for it and get lots of Columbus folks driving out for a bite, especially on the weekends.

Lots of neat old homes along the way.

All in all,I definitely like the National Road east of Columbus better than the Ohio stretch west of it.

Drivin' Them Old Roads. --RoadDog

No comments: