The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Road-Travelin' Tunes

This past trip to North Carolina was a country one as far as CDs I listened to going and coming. These were all in the letter "A" and ones I had not gotten around to listening to earlier.

Of course, I was also careful to do a radio check from time to time. I found a really good station from Farmer City, Illinois, which played blues, bluegrass, Americana and all sorts of stuff you don't hear often on the radio. It goes over the web so I now have it as an alternative station when I am not listening to the Beach Music Ones.

It goes by the name "The Whip." I'm not sure if it is strictly local or if there is a national network that the local one taps into.

The four CDs I listened to:

"X"-- Trave Adkins
"Honesty"-- Rodney Atkins
"Three Chord Country and American Rock & Roll"-- Keith Anderson
"Triple Feature"-- by Alabama. This was a compilation of their first three albums: "My Home's in Alabama," "Feels So Right," and "Mountain Music." I have all three on albums, but haven't listened to them in years. Really good stuff.

Kickin' It Out on Da Road. --RoadDog

No comments: