The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Eating Around Goldsboro, NC-- Part 2

BBQ SANDWICH


I should also mention the great Carolina bbq sandwich I had at Dowdy-Ficklin stadium in Greenville when I attended the East Carolina-Southern Mississippi game Nov. 29th. This puts the stadium right at the top of my list when it comes to REALLY GREAT football food.

It cost $5 and filled me up to the point I didn't want a second one, even though I thought about it.

We were hoping the Dail fried chicken restaurant in Snow Hill mentioned as the best in North Carolina would be open on our way back to Goldsboro, but it was still closed. Obviously, it is closed on Saturdays.

I did try a Hardee's Thickburger for the first time when we got back to Goldsboro. This is one really good sandwich, right up there with McDonald's Angus Burger.


CENTRAL LUNCH

Located in downtown Goldsboro and in business since around 1905. My great Grandfather often ate here as it was just a block from his tire store. A few years ago it was majorly renovated and updated. A great place to get in the Christmas spirit with all the decorations inside and out.

Mom had boasted about how good their Friday flounder dinner special was, so tried it. She was right.

For $8.26, we got two large filets, two sides, and some really fine old-timey biscuits. I could have made a meal just on those biscuits.

Good Eatin' in e Neighborhood. --RoadDog

No comments: