The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, April 19, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 3: So Far, So Good and a Good Book

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd

At first everything went well at the Milwaukee Airport, even though I had to do some looking to find the Saver Parking Lot, but eventually did and got my ticket and there was a bus waiting right where I parked and took me and a couple other people to our check-in areas on the lower level.  I got off at Delta and approached the check-in, worried that I would have a line or have to mess with those kiosks.  I am not very good at kiosks.

There was no line at the counters and walked right up, gave them my name and they gave me both boarding tickets I would be needing today.

So far, no problem.  Even my suitcase was proper carry-on size.  

I went up the escalator and there was a place I was hoping would be there, the Renaissance Book Store that I remembered from previous flights out of Milwaukee.  This is an old-time bookstore selling all sorts of used books, especially two whole sets of shelves on Civil War books.  And, I had plenty of time to look for a book.  I bought a $12.50 book and the life and times of Charles Read, CSN, who had quite a distinguished career in the Confederate Navy.  It was titled "Sea Wolf of the Confederacy."

Now, You just Don't Expect to Find an Old Bookstore at an Airport.  --Old B-R'er


No comments: