The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 9: Hiding Terminals On Me

APRIL 3, 2024

Well, I'm finally in Atlanta.  Just 40 minutes by air away from my final destination, Savannah.  Lots of fun and games in Milwaukee.  Now I just have to find my next gate.  How hard can that be?  Even so, I expected it to be at the opposite end of the terminal where we landed.  My gates are always as far as you can get away from each other.

Buy, wait, they don't call Atlanta's airport the busiest people-wise in the U.S..  Atlanta is the exact reason I chose not to fly out of O'Hare serving Chicago. That would have made my choices much larger in flights and times.

But, Atlanta is exactly what I hate about O'Hare.  Way too many people.  If you stopped to try to figure out something, you took your life in your own hands.  I got bumped into and had many close calls walking those corridors.

And, even better, my next gate wasn't even in the same corridor.  It was in a Concourse A.  So, I started walking and signs were confusing, but eventually I got to a place where I saw an arrow pointing to Concourse A.  I followed it and saw that evidently there was also a Concourse T located somewhere near A.

I went down a really long escalator and there was a sign down there saying to take the train to A and T.  I got onboard and had to hold on for dear life as there were no seats.  I got off when an announcement said we were at Concourse A.  Finally, getting somewhere.

I started walking and kept a-walking until I see a sign saying I was at Terminal T.  What happened to Terminal A?  Shouldn't I have seen A at some point in my walk?  I finally found someone to ask and was told I had to get back on the train and go back to Terminal A.  How did I miss Terminal A?

Plus, about now I was feeling the need to go to the bathroom and I sure wasn't seeing any of them wherever it was that I was now.  I got off at Terminal A and this time saw escalators going way up. Was this how I missed Terminal A?  Did they hide it upstairs?

Tune In Tomorrow for More of My Atlanta Adventure.  --RoadLost


No comments: