The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, January 27, 2023

Along66, Dec. 2022: 'Well, I'm Running Down the Road Trying To Loosen My Load'

DECEMBER 16

The backstory to the Eagles' "Take It Easy."  It was written in 1972 by co-writers Glenn Frey and Jackson Browne.

In 1999 the "Standing On the Corner Park" opened, on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.  The statue was put up after the death of Glenn Frey in 2016.

It is one of the most photographed places along Route 66.

In 2006, when we were driving end-to-end on Route 66 for our retirement from teaching, Liz and I were there for the "Standing On the Corner" Festival.  Nothing like standing there and hearing a band playing this song.

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever Liz and I heard this song, we would yell out:  "Standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona (Right On Route 66!!) And such a fine sight to see.  It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me."

"Come On Baby, Don't Say Maybe, I Gotta Know If Your Sweet Love Is Gonna Save Me."  --RoadFrey


No comments: