The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 12, 2022

The Johnsburg, Illinois, 9/11 Ceremony-- Part 1

I am writing the 9/11 stories today since I wasn't able to yesterday.

Yesterday, the weather especially didn't cooperate.  It rained pretty much all day, at times quite hard.  Accumulation in Chicago was at 3 inches and I'm guessing from water collected in sone containers in my yard, about 4 inches here. 

And, it was quite windy.  On he morning I took my English flag down (Queen Elizabeth) and decided not to put the U.S. one up.  The wind blew down my NIU Huskies banner on the front porch.

I went out on the driveway and got my Sunday Chicago Tribune and paging through it, did not see one article about 9/11.   I was surprised.

I had read in the Northwest Herald newspaper (for McHenry County) that a group in Johnsburg, Illinois, were going to post U.S. flags between the bank on Johnsburg Road and the Johnsburg Library.  Since that is just four miles from home I decided to go to that.

Part 2  continued today on my Down Da Road I Go Blog.  

--RoadDog


No comments: