The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 5, 2022

Eight Record Stores You Won't Be Driving To Anymore

From the MeTV Staff, August 29, 2022.

Back in the late 70s and during the 1980s we sure had a whole lot of record store chains.  I just couldn't drive by one without wanting to stop and I often did.

Eventually, one company, TransWorld Entertainment bought out most of these.

I did most of my shopping, of course, in the Chicagoland area.

*  Stores I remember going to.

*CAMELOT MUSIC

*COCONUTS:  Started in Chicago but branched out bto other states.

*PEACHES RECORDS & TAPES:  Remember the wooden fruit crates you could buy?

STRAWBERRIES:  New England

*SAM GOODY:  Mall chain and one of the last of these stores around.

TAPE WORLD

*TOWER RECORDS:  The best of all, but none close to me other than Chicago.

TURTLES:  From the Atlanta area and southeast.

Also, I remember Musicland which most every mall had one.  I also used to like to look for CDs at Best Buy and Circuit City.

Flipping Through the Albums.  I Loved That.  --RoadDog


No comments: