The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Along66, Nov. 2021: Watching 'Route 66' on You Tube

NOVEMBER 20

All 116 episodes of Route 66 TV drama are now in You Tube.  It aired on NBC from 1960 to 1964.

Sadly, however, the episodes were seldom shot on Route 66.   Each week the show was shot in a different locale.

It did serve as a training ground for up-and-coming directors  and actors.    Some of them:  James Caan, James Coburn, William Shatner, Robert Duvall, Jack Lord, Cloris Leachman Walter Matthau, Martin Sheen and others.

Star Martin Milner died in 2015.  George Maharis is still alive and 93 years old.

Sadly, I don't know which episodes were on the old Route 66.  I have heard two of them were shot on it.

I admit that I have never seen a whole episode of the show because when it was out, I was living with my parents. We had one 19-inch black and white TV and they got to watch what they wanted to watch and that wasn't the "Route 66"TV show.

--RoadDog


No comments: