The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Missouri Route 66's Show Me Route 66 Magazine


I belong to both the Missouri and the Illinois Route 66 Associations, my two favorite states for the Mother Road, followed by Oklahoma.

This past June, I paid for the next four years of Missouri membership while in Lebanon for their 66 Festival and recently received the summer edition of their quarterly magazine and this is a really good one, with articles about Illinois' Ariston Cafe in Litchfield for whom the Missouri Association worked to get the neon lights redone for the venerable building.

There was also an article on the endangered Lurvey Motel in Springfield, Missouri, with efforts to clean it up.  Neat looking motel now that you can see it.  Another article on one of my must-stops places in Rolla, the Totem Pole tourist trap.

Another on Ted Drewes in St, Louis which is celebrating its 90th year.  I'm looking forward to going back there once I end my boycott of St. Louis because of its removal of the Confederate statue in Forest Park.  Love those concretes.

Another article featured side trips to various Lewis and Clark sites around St. Louis and another was on the Chain of Rocks Bridge.  I'll still never forget my first sight of it back in 2002 when I stopped at the Missouri welcome center by the I-270 bridge over the Mississippi and asked where it was and was given the answer that it was behind me.  I hate when that happens.

This Was A Very Informative and Interesting Magazine.  --RoadSmarter

No comments: