The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

2017 Indy 500-- Part 25: "Jet Airliner", Bo, Legion


FRIDAY. MAY 26.

We walked forward a ways and could actually see the band.  Thought I might like to say I saw them, not just heard them.  Well, we could see them on the giant video screens.

"JET AIRLINER"  Final Encore song.

The ground was extremely littered with all sorts of stuff, especially aluminum cans, plastic items, wrecked chairs and bits of clothing.  Kind of reminded me of those pictures of Woodstock back in 1969.  Plus, it was quite muddy after all the rain this past week.  Sure glad I didn't have to clean that mess up.

Great show from a 74-year-old guy.  Thanks Steve.

I met friend Bo, who we had met down at Panama City Beach back in February.  He lives in Speedway, Indiana, and since I was now in Speedway, it seemed the thing to do.  He wanted to show me his Speedway.

He first took me to his private club, which was anything but snooty.  Enjoyed those folks.  Then, we went to Scottie's, a local watering hole and a fun place as well.  The bar manager was wearing a White Sox hat so we had a good Sox talk.

While I was with Bo, a real big storm came through.  It was violent.

Back to the Legion and some standing water.  Sure glad it didn't do that during the concert.

Met Sue and Paul and enjoyed the Current Situation Band.  I didn't, however, enjoy the $5 beers.

Quite a Day.  --RoadDog


No comments: