The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

2017 Indy 500-- Part 23: "Don't You Know I'm the Gangster of Love"


FRIDAY, MAY 26

Still at the Steve Miller Band concert.

The next song was one I'd heard before, but wasn't sure of the name. It started with the words "Did you see the light."  I think I heard someone say it was called "Serenade."  I just went to You Tube and found out that was the name.

Then, "Space Cowboy."

Something about it being written in the Fillmore Auditorium in San Francisco where the floor bounced up and down with the crowd.  Monday they had Johnny Cash, then Chuck Berry.  Wednesday was the Grateful Dead.  Thursday was Big Brother & the Holding Company (any you-know-who).

Steve Miller played there 120 times and said that Santana inspired this song.

A whole lot of yelling for this song and even the youngsters in the crowd singing along.

Who' s a Space Cowboy?  Every so often, funny smells would go through the crowd.

"I told you 'bout living in the USA.  Don't you know  I'm a gangster of love."

"I'm A Space Cowboy.  Bet You Weren't Ready For That."  --RoadDog

No comments: