The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Road Cruising Back to 1968: "Mrs. Robinson"


Monday, Bob Stroud went back to 1968 on his Ten at Ten show on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM, the Drive.  Well, this was a great high school year for me at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois.  That and working at the local Burger King for $1 an hour but all the Whoppers I could eat.  I see that soon, minimum wage in Illinois will be up to $15.  I missed my time.

Anyway, these songs sure took me back.  Perhaps you as well.

LIGHT MY FIRE--  Jose Feliciano
BLACKBIRD--  Beatles
HELLO I LOVE YOU--  Doors

CRIMSON AND CLOVER--  Tommy James & the Shondells
LITTLE WING--  Jimi Hendrix
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF YOUR MIND--  Amboy Dukes
I PUT A SPELL ON  YOU--  Creedence Clearwater Revival

MAGIC CARPET RIDE--  Steppenwolf
MRS. ROBINSON--  Simon & Garfunkel
DEPARTURE/ RIDE MY SEE-SAW--  Moody Blues

For a good song, while on this topic, Go to YouTube and listen to "1968" by the Turnpike Troubadours.

Name That Tune  (from the above songs):  "You Better Stop The Things That You're Doing."  Answer below.   --RoadDog



"I Put A Spell On You"




No comments: