The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, May 18, 2018

In the Mood For Some Cruising Music, 1969: "Proud Mary"


I recorded this on my cassette recorder and plan to pop it into my '85 Firebird tape deck and do some cruising if I can afford the gas which reached $3.20 around here today.  Dadgum Big Oil GRBs!!

Bob Stroud does a show featuring ten songs from a year or of a particular subject on his show on Chicago's WDRV, 97.1 FM and streaming at www.wdrv.com.  It plays M-F at 10 a.m. and 10 p.m..

On May 17, he went to the year 1969, a particularly good one for me as I graduated from Palatine High School and had my freshman year at Northern Illinois University.

THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN--  Band
QUESTIONS 67 & 68--  Chicago
PINBALL WIZARD--  Who

MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY--  Spiral Staircase
COUNTRY HONK--  Rolling Stones
EVERYBODY'S TALKIN'--  Harry Nilsson
HELPLESSLY HOPING--  Crosby, Stills & Nash

PROUD MARY--  Creedence Clearwater Revival
EASY TO BE HARD--  Three Dog Night
MAXWELL'S SILVER HAMMER--  Beatles

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Virgil Kane Is My Name And I Served On The Danville Train."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"

No comments: