The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gettin' a Taste of 1962 Beach Music

Thanks to Fessa John Hook at Cashbox Magazine, I'm sitting here a two-finger-typing-away and listening to some really fine music and information concerning the Beach Music Top 40 for 1962.  Some of the songs I recognize others I don't, but it is great stuff.

To give you a bit of a taste:

#40  GROWING CLOSER TOGETHER--   Impressions
#39  MAKE IT BE ME--  Flares
HONORABLE MENTION (H.M.)  WHEN MY LITTLE GIRL IS SMILING--  Drifters

#38  THINGS I WANT TO HEAR--  Shirelles
#38  BABY IT'S YOU--  Shirelles
#37  SOUL TWIST--  King Curtis & the Noble Knights

#36  SHERRY--  Four Seasons
H.M.  I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER--  Fiestas
#35  I KNOW--  Barbara George
#34  THE WANDERER--  Dion

H.M.  I'M BLUE (THE GONG GONG SONG)--  Ikettes
#33  I WANT A GUY--  Marvelettes
H.M.  A SHOT OF RHYTHM AND BLUES--  Arthur Alexander
H.M.  FRANKIE & JOHNNY--  Brook Benton

SPOTLIGHT:  SAN-HO-ZAY, I'M ON MY WAY TO ATLANTA, SITTING ON THE BOAT DOCK--  Freddie King

#32  I'M TORE DOWN--  Freddie King
#31  GREEN ONIONS--  Booker T. & the MGs

Go to Cashbox Magazine, click on radio and go to the charts to Beach Music at the bottom.  It will be on for several more days.

Give It a Listen.  --RoadDog

No comments: