The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Close, But No Cigar: Steak 'N Shake's 3-Way Chili

Several weeks ago, I was very excited to see in the local Steak 'M Shake advertisement that they had 5-way chili and the picture looked like that great chili they have in Cincinnati.

Since Denny Gibson introduced me to it, I have been known to go out of my way to stop at any Gold Star or Skyline (both noted for their chili) for that greay stuff. I was excited to find a couple of those places advertised along I-70 in the western part of Ohio when I'm driving that way but don't get by Cincinnati.

This last Thursday, I got the opportunity to go to Steak 'N Shake and try some. They charge $3,99 for 3-way and $4.99 for 5-way (the works). I got the 3-way. It was good, but nowhere near as good as you get in Cincinnati. The Parmesan cheese shaker just couldn't match up with the fresh shredded cheese and the beans were too big and overpowering.

But, it is better than anything we have around here so I will probably go back and have some more while awaiting my next trip to Cincinnati, probably in March is gas is not too much.

That's ok, however, i still like everything else they have.

Better Luck next Time. --RoadDog

No comments: