The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goodbye Surf Radio

One of the stations I listen to often over the internet, 94.9 FM, the Surf, has suddenly gone off the air. It operated out of North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and I would listen to it over the airwaves any time I visited the Grand Strand.

The last couple days, the Carolina Beach Music Yahoo e-mail group has been talking about it. I discovered it was no longer there Saturday morning when I tuned in to listen to the Beach Music Top 40. All I got was that the website had been suspended.

I used to listen to Ted Bell a lot from 10-2 (9 to 1 here in the Midwest.

Of course, Billy Smith, my all-time favorite Beach Music deejay was on this station for many years until his death a few years ago.

I see that Ted Bell is now at WNMB 900 AM on the same time slot. Unfortunately, it is just oldies and I can get that pretty much anywhere.

Fortunately, I do have a lot of other Beach Music sources. I most often listen to Allen Vick on WNCT AM 1070 out of Greenville, North Carolina, in the morning.

Great Job, Surf. We'll Miss Ya. --RoadDog

No comments: