The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, March 19, 2010

On the Road-- March 16th-- Part 1

Left home at 9 am, and drove out to Woodstock where I picked up Il-47 and took it all the way south to Mahomet, Illinois, where I picked up I-74 and took it to Cincinnati.

Gas along Il-47 ran $2.70 to $3.00 most of the way, but was around $2.62 in Gibson City. Stopped as usual in Yorkville, Illinois, for a bathroom break and bite to eat at the McDonald's north of downtown. This is getting to be a regular stop for us. Once past Yorkville, the traffic and congestion is pretty much over except for Morris. Every year, it takes longer to drive this stretch, but anything is better than doing the Chicago Hassle.

Gas Purchases:

BP in Morris, Illinois $2.80 $27.11
Crawfordsville, Indiana $2.60 $22.88

Crawfordsville is usually cheaper than most places along I-74 in Indiana.

Once in Indianapolis, I took I-465 around to the southeast and continued on I-74 to Cincy. I hit Indianapolis at rush hour, but had no delays despite construction, try doing that through the Chicago hassle.

Next, Fun and Games in Cincinnati. --RoadDog

No comments: