The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Staten Island Tugboat Graveyard

Just in time for Halloween. I went to the Travel + Leisure site and they had an article on strange and scary sites, and this graveyard was mentioned. I had never heard of it so, it being nautical, I had to search it.

Not a lot of hard information on it, but quite a few pictures. Very interesting.

I did find out, it is also called the Staten Island Boat Graveyard and consists of decommissioned, scrapped and abandoned ships of all sorts from old ferries, tugboats, barges and skiffs and is located at the southernmost part of Staten Island in an area called Arthur Kill.

Worth a look. There are also a lot of old wrecks along the Cape Fear River near Wilmington, NC. I guess if you are a seafaring port, this is likely to happen.

Like, BOO!! --RoadDog

No comments: