The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Roadlogging for Not screwing Up on the Highway

The October 19th List Universe www.listserve.com had a list of ten tirings that can help you get where you're going safely. Always a good idea.

10. Drive defensively.
9. Use cruise control (always like to, but not in heavy traffic)

8. Be reasonable when merging (This makes me madder than anything else. I admit that I have gotten over into the merging lane to keep idgets from racing ahead to get in line. They're evidently TOO GOOD to wait like the other riff-raff)
7. Two second rule (between you and the car in front of you)

6. The other two second rule ( Being impaired by intoxication, or distraction is a serious problem)
5. Look ahead as far as you can

4. Glance before changing lanes (Amazingly, I have started to pull over and a sudden horn blast scared me. I swear I didn't see them.)
3. Stay to right, pass on the left

2. Drive the REAL speed limit
1. Don't tailgate unless you're in a parking lot (Amen to that)

I hate to admit it, but at times I've been very guilty of almost all of these.

And, Remember, Always Take Those Old Roads. --RoadDog

No comments: