The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, June 1, 2009

True's BBQ-- Cross Plains, Tennessee

Located on Tennessee-25, about 4 miles west of I-65. I visited it a few years ago with my nephew and wife who live close by in White House. You can't miss the place with a big pig statue out front. They said this was good barbecue and were they ever right.

I had the Pork BBQ plate for $3.50 which came with one vegetable. They also have a beef BBQ plate for the same price. Vegetable selections included baked beans, white beans, cole slaw, potato salad, fried okra, and sweet corn nuggets (breaded kernels of sweet corn).

Two other things they had that I've never heard of are hoe cakes and chess pie. Had to try both. A hoe cake is a corn pancake and you could get one for 30 cents. Your bbq can also be served on one. A chess pie is custard, sugar, and eggs. You definitely want to try both of these.

True's dates to 1949. he owner went to Germany with Roy Acuff, Hank Williams, and Little Jimmy Dickens.

Sure Love My BBQ. --RoadDog

No comments: