The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Gas Gouge Hits Again Wednesday

All these HIGH gas prices are certainly causing me to re-evaluate any and all trips this summer. I even plan to do multi-stops anytime I just drive around home.

Wednesday, when I went to see Dave Clark in Mundelein, about 20 miles away, I also did a cruise to a former residence, the historic downtown Mundelein, much of it located right on US-45, and, of course, the stop at Bill's Pub. I also went to a favorite pet store and played with a kitten. Not many things more fun than playing with a kitten.

GAS PRICES

I took note of gas prices along the way. Wednesday seemed to be the INCREASE day.
Gas had been at $3.70 in Fox Lake, Illinois. It was still $3.60 at the Citgo, but was up to $3.80 at the 66 and Marathon. Fred's, a full-service pump your gas place, was at $3.83.

The BP at Il-120 and US-12 was $3.90 regular, $4 mid, and $4.12!!! for premium.

The Citgo and Shell stations at Il-60 and Il-176 were $3.90. Once in Mundelein, most were the "bargain" price of $3.87!!! Such a deal!!!!

Many of the cowards were only showing the regular price. Hey, if you're going to rip off people, at least do it proudly. Of course, when I call it at $3.90, it shows at $3.89.9, but that's really $3.90. Some Mundelein stations had it at $3.70 but in small print, with car wash.

In Vernon Hills, at Il-60 and US-45, you had the choice of $3.89 and $3.90.

I got gas at the Fox Lake Citgo on my way home and it was still at $3.70. Thursday, I noticed it too was at $3.80.

AND, I can remember back in the 60s, when I first started driving, of angrily pulling out os a station saying I'll never pay the outrageous price of 35 cents. How DARE they!!!

Something Really Has to be DONE with Big Oil. --RoadDog

No comments: