The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Favorite Group Singing About San Bernardino?

Ron Warnick, in his Route 66 News blog, wrote that a song by Christie, ""San Bernadino" has been adopted by the city of San Bernardino as its official song.

"Yellow River" by this group is one of my all-time favorite songs. I am very liable to play it multiple times when I hear it, and it was just recently put on Bob Stroud's Rock n' Roll Roots Vol. 9 compilation. My friends, however, don't much appreciate it when I do.

I have to admit that I have never heard of "San Bernadino" even though it is misspelled. Hey, I have a problem spelling it myself.

Ron has a link to You Tube and a 1970 performance of the song. I now have another song I will play a bunch of times consecutively once a get a copy of it. It is almost as good as "Yellow River." Jeff Christie, the group's founder is doing his best John Lennon impression minus the granny glasses. I think the host of the German show they took it from must have been related to Joe Cocker.

I ended up spending a lot of time listening to it, then went to lost.fm and found a bunch of videos by the band.

Great Stuff, Maynard. --RoadDog

No comments: