The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Topsail Island, NC, a Great Beach Destination

My cousins Graham and Vickie have had a townhouse there since the 1970s. My mom bought one next to his a few years ago. It is right across the street from the ocean, and it is one beautiful stretch of beach.

I personally didn't care much for the area during my partying days as there really wasn't much of that nature there, not like nearby Caroliona Beach and Myrtle Beach, about 70 miles to the south. But, of late, I find it just the place to go for relaxation. And, I also like the fact that it is not too crowded...yet. But beach property is hot, and even as the prices go up, people are moving there in large numbers.

There is a small downtown Topsail Beach, and seven miles up the island, there is the bustling Surf City.

More on This Destination Later. --RoadDog

No comments: