The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

N.C. Summer Trip 2015-- Part 15: Fort Fisher Souvenirs and the Armstrong Gun

I took a walk through the store where I found them selling the Confederate Flags.  I also bought several 150th anniversary items, including a short pamphlet on the anniversary commemoration and I was surprised to find my name listed as one of the benefactors.  I bought a book "Fort Fisher to Elmira" about the fates of the Confederates captured at Fort Fisher and many of them died in a few short months because of the horrible conditions at the Elmira, New York, prison camp.

I walked outside to view something I've been wanting to see for awhile, the 150-pounder Armstrong Gun replica.  This was a project of the friends of Fort Fisher, to which I belong, to show the fort's premier gun. probably the highest-tech cannon used during the war.  It was captured also and taken to West Point where it is a highlight of their trophy guns to this day.

This is an impressive piece of armament.

Call Me Benefactor.  --RoadDog

No comments: