The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Along66, July 2022: The Lodge Off 66 in Illinois

I take these Along66 blog entries from what I consider to be the best source of information on our favorite road, Route 66 News blog.  It has entries every day with pictures and a lot more that what I write about.  I only choose stories of special interest to me.

JULY 2

One of Logan County's (Illinois) oldest bars has been renamed The Lodge Off 66.

It is located six miles off the nearest Route 66 alignment at 2265 900th Avenue in Hartsburg, Illinois (pop. 314).

It has ties to bootlegging during Prohibition.  Al Capone visited the place.

It doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside s a whole different story.  Sounds like Sundays are a real lot of fun.

It is six miles from Lincoln, Illinois.

--RoadDog


No comments: