The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Along66, May/June 2022: Route 66 Commission in Oklahoma, the Plainsman Coffeeshop Sign

I take these from the Route 66 News blog site.  This site has daily updates about what is going on along our favorite old road.  Its entries are longer and even have pictures.  I only take the stories of most interest to me.  I highly recommend you visit the site for a better knowledge.

MAY 31

The Oklahoma Route 66 Commission became law after the legislature overrode the governor's veto.  Good for them.

*****************************

JUNE 1

The Plainsman Coffee Shop neon sign in Holbrook, Arizona, has been taken down.  The place has been long-closed, 2009.  It is located at 1001 W. Hopi Drive (Route 66.

The place was built in 1966.

It didn't seem that anyone really knows who got the sign.

I am hoping some group that will keep it so that people can see it.  I hate when they go into private collections.

--RoadDog


No comments: