The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Good Times in the Area: Weekday Radio, 1970 and Da Sox Lose

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7

Listened to the usual weekday stations while working on these blogs.  I listen to WDRV, 7.1 FM over the air waves and the Surf, WVCO 94.9 FM out of North Myrtle Beach over the internet.    Bob Stroud went back to a great college year for me, 1970, spent at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb on his Ten at Ten show on the Drive.   The #1 album back then was "Cosmo's Factory" by my favorite group, Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Liz and I went to Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg to watch the first game of the ALDS between the White Sox and the Houston Astros.  The place was crowded and people watching the game and there would have been more cheering, but sadly, this was the Bad Sox/Sad Sox playing and the bats were essentially silent, plus pitching questionable.  It was a 6-1 loss.

But, I had what I consider the best Chicago hot dog anywhere at Sunnyside, and, for just $2 and an extra $1 for fries.  Beat that deal!!

Drowning My Sorrows, You Know.  --RoadDog


No comments: