The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

It's Been A Bit of a Strange Summer for Us So Far (Or, the 20.4-Mile Road Trip)


Usually by this time of the summer, we would have been on several drives along Route 66 in Illinois and even out as far as the Munger-Moss Motel in Lebanon, Missouri, and not mention at least once out to the Mississippi River.

But, not so this year and you know why.  We're sticking close to home.  I don't care to go anywhere when I can't just do what I want to do.  Might as well just stay home and that is what we're doing.  We haven't been away overnight since early March and don't plan on doing that for the remainder of this year (and who knows how long in the future).

This was brought to mind with a jolt this past Saturday, when I drove from Spring Grove to Algonquin, Illinois, for the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group meeting (our first one since February).  It came to me that this was the farthest I had been away from home since early March.

I looked it up, and it was a whopping 20.4 miles.

Well, at least gasoline expenses have been negligible since March.

Gas, What Gas?

Little Old Homebody Me.  --RoadHouse

No comments: