The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Joiner History Room Marks Its 10th Anniversary With Its Looking Back Column in the MidWeek Newspaper


Those of you who read my Cooter's History Thing, Tattooed On Your Soul:  World War II and this blog no doubt have noticed plenty of blog entries that I take from this most interesting bit of historical research these people do.

They go through old newspapers from DeKalb County, Illinois, (home of DeKalb and Sycamore and other towns) and in 25 year increments give an account of life back then.  This year, they are marking 1920, 1945, 1970 and 1995.

I sure do thank those great historians for providing lots of stories that I use and I hope you enjoy.

How do I sign up for this job?  I do know that they meet at the Sycamore Public Library in Sycamore, Illinois.

Thanks, Folks, For the Wonderful Job.  --RoadJoiner

No comments: