The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Along 66, August 2018: My Thoughts on 'The Capital of Route 66', Make Mine Pontiac, Illinois


I sure would have to say that there sure were a lot of cities Texas and west.  Somebody stuffing the ballot box?

And, I must say I like all of these cities.  If it is on Route 66, I am going to like it.

I'd like to nominate St. Louis for the bridges, especially Chain of Rocks and that delightful drive along the alignment that includes Ted Drewe's.  However, after what they did with the Confederate statue, they's never get my vote.  I have a personal boycott going on for that city.

But, I'd sure like to put Pontiac, Illinois, up for "Capital of Route 66.  There is no city on the old road more in tune with its heritage.  It has become "The City of Murals" and, even better, the City of Museums."  Plus, there is that beautiful courthouse.

My Vote, Anyway.  --RoadDog

No comments: