The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Wall That Heals, Vietnam Veterans Memorial Replica, Comes to McHenry, Illinois-- Part 1


When I returned from the Indy 500 race on May 28, we got back in time for us to go over to McHenry Township Park by the Moose Lodge and see the wall.  I was hoping to get there in time as I've seen this replica wall before and it is a real moving experience.

The Vietnam War was a major part of my growing up.  It started when I was in 7th grade and went clear through my graduating from college in 1973.  I thought we'd still be fighting it as there was no end in sight and the U.S. did not appear to be doing what was needed to end it.

And, of course, there was the draft.  I came really close to having to go.  I would have had I been called.

I've seen the real wall in Washington, D.C., as well as a replica of it in McHenry many years ago at the VFW.  All times, I said to myself that I wouldn't get broken up.  All times that did not happen.

This Is One Really Moving Experience.

No comments: