The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

T-Giving NC 2010-- Part 1-- Proper Road Cruisin'

Day One November 20th

I was late getting off, not until about 10 am. Drove the usual avoid the Chicago hassle route to get around that town. I took Il-47 south all the way to I-74, stopping in Yorkville for a McRib meal at the usual McDonald's we stop at every trip. The meal was $4.49 (we're paying $4.99 in Fox Lake).

I listened to Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback on WXRT as she was spotlighting 1984. I particularly enjoyed "Do It Again" by the Kinks, "Something About You Baby" by Dave Edmunds and a cover of Van Halen's "Jump" by Aztec Camera. Who'd have thought of a slow version of "Jump."

The movie spotlighted was Ghostbusters. Like Bill said, "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!!" And who could forget that big mean ol' Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man?

Construction on Il-47 in Huntley is ongoing, but I have to take it to bypass Chicago. It wouldn't be bad at all if I didn't have to stop for EVERY stoplight. I was glad to see their Dairy Mart was able to survive. It is a town institution dating back to at least the 1950s and back when Huntley was a little-bitty farm town out in the middle of nowhere. Way before the outlet mall and Del Webb's Sun City development.

Huskies on the Air, Next. --RoadDog

No comments: