The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Getting My Cruisin' Tunes Ready

What is a good cruise without good tunes?

I've got five CDs lined up for this trip.


LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING-- BILLY CURRINGTON-- Country with "People Are Crazy" and "That's How Country Boys Roll." One of my favorite new country performers.

THE REASON WHY-- LITTLE BIG TOWN-- Country with "Little White Church." This group is very much like Lady Antebellum, but with two ladies.


100 MILES FROM MEMPHIS-- SHERYL CROWE-- I read a review about this one where she said these songs were not just covers of old Memphis Soul ones, but strongly influenced by that sound. However, "Sign Your Name" is one that I've heard before. I usually only take ones I haven't listened to before along with me, but I was so anxious to hear this one, I did crack open the cellophane.

EUPHORIA-- ENRIQUE IGLESIAS-- Pop music with a Latin flare. Big hit "I Like It." Some of the songs have Spanish titles.

MIDNIGHT SOUVENIRS-- PETER WOLF-- Ex-J. Geils frontman. I probably wouldn't have bought this one, but Little Steven featured the album on his Underground Garage Show and I really liked what I heard. Plus, I am a big J. Geils and Peter Wolf fan.

Let's Get That CD Player on the Truck Warmed Up!! --RoadDog

No comments: