The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Getting My Cruisin' Tunes Ready

I listened to these three CDs on the Route 66 trip two weeks ago, but am bringing them along to "really" hear them (aka cranked) on the Dakota's stereo system. It's a great truck, but that stereo is the best motorized one I've ever had. It has the POWER!!!

I bought all three of these on the trip.


THE MINDBENDING SOUNDS OF THE CHESTERFIELD KINGS-- I've already bought one CD, now a second. If you like 1960s garage rock and psychedelia, this is the one for you. And, who says rock is dead. The cover looks like 60s flower power with the Shadows of Knight and Byrds.

UP ON THE RIDGE-- DIERKS BENTLEY-- Old timey country music with Kris Kristofferson and Jamey Johnson sitting in for two songs.

COSTELLO MUSIC-- FRATELLIS-- a newer group, but as good of pop as you can get. Of course, we bought it for the song "Chelsea Dagger" which was so closely associated with the Stanley Cup-winning Chicago Blackhawks, but the rest of the songs are good as well, especially "Henrietta," "Flathead," "The Gutterati" and "For the Girl."

And, speaking of cruising and car music, May 31st, Bob Stroud did his annual Used Car Lot Rock and Roll Roots show about our car culture. I have been listing the songs, his comments and my own at my Down Da Road I Go Blog for June.

http://downdaroadigo.blogspot.com.

Good Stuff Maynard. --RoadDog

2 comments:

g said...

Hey Don....how are ya? Did Liz get my email from a week ago?
Seahag

RoadDog said...

Congratulations on the move. We just might have to make a side trip on our 66 trip this fall.

Liz told me about your e-mail.