The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Connection with the Lincoln Highway-- Part 2

Attending Northern Illinois, we knew about the Lincoln Highway, but nothing about its significance. To us it was just another road and a main street at that.

My favorite place to go freshman year was a pizza/sandwich place called Rick's which was out by the Lincoln Highway. It was a very popular place for students too young to go to the bars.

The Lincoln also went by the campus lagoon area where I spent a lot of time. This was the kingdom of Gus the Goose as I called him, but I have since heard most people called him William Goose. He was quite a character and loved to "goose" the girls when he wasn't being cantankerous.

Walked downtown many times right along the Lincoln, Illinois Highway 38.

This is also where most of the bars were located. After I got old enough, I'd participate in what was called the Lincoln Crawl.

So, That's What the Lincoln Highway's Al About. --RoadDog

No comments: