The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Long Weekend on the Road

I just completed a 580 mile trip in Illinois from Friday to Sunday.

I drove Il-47 to Dwight and then US-66 to Bloomington-Normal where I took I-55 around to US-51 south. This is the first time I've been on this stretch of 51, which is four lane divided and 65 mph, like driving the interstate.

I was on an NTN-playing mission here. I went to Snappers on the beautiful square in Clinton, but the bartender had no idea what I was talking about when I asked to play the game. I found out later that it was coming to Snapper's. I'll definitely be back, looks like my kind of place.

I continued south on 51 to the B-Dub (Buffalo Wild Wings) in Forsyth and then went to Just One More in Decatur. I really liked this place and was it ever crowded. If there ever was more of a Cheers-type crowd, I sure would like to know where it was. There were all types in there, from young to old. many were enjoying the outside bar. This was my 800th NTN site that I visited.

Bar Hoppin' on 66 Next. --RoadDog

No comments: