The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 12: Finally Get to Savannah

WEDNESDAY APRIL 3

And, this flight left on time for a short hop of about 45 minutes to Savannah.  I figured since it was s late, almost 11 p.m., that there would be plenty of room on the plane. Wrong again.  Just about every seat was taken.  Now, I began to wonder if my wayward carry-on piece of luggage would also arrive in Savannah when I did.  

Regardless, I am finally on my way.

Called my sister who would be meeting me in Savannah and she was already aware of it as she was tracking my progress.  Apologized for being so late.  At least she lives close to the airport, several miles away.

We boarded.  Once again I had that neat video screen in front of me (remember the one on the plane from Milwaukee to Atlanta didn't work after they got a computer glitch fixed) and I had a set of earpieces to listen to t now (free of charge).  I saw that they had the movie "Cool Hand Luke" on it so watched 45 minutes of it before we landed.

Touchdown in Savannah just after midnight and walked through an empty airport, except for those of us  getting off.  And, glory be, my luggage was at the carousel.

Walked outside and within a minute, Julie pulled up and I was on my way to her place.

A Real Long Day.  What We Had Here Was Failure To Communicate.  --RoadTired


No comments: