The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 7: No Flight, Found Lost Book

Still April 3, Wednesday

It rained the whole time I was in Milwaukee.  Lots of puddles at the airport.  The pilot said they were readying to leave, but a minute later said a gauge was not checking out, but they were working on it.  Several minutes later, he came back on and said that everyone would have to deplane while they went further with there investigating.

But, he was certain they'd have it righted shortly.  

After we were all off, an announcement was made that the flight was cancelled.  

Oh boy.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any information on my cell phone and there was a huge line at the gate with people making other plans.

I decided to go home and made that long walk down the terminal, past the TSA check point and out to the front area.  I figured that as long as I was there and that Renaissance Books was open, I'd go there and see if I had left the book I had bought what seemed like many years ago, might be there.

The owner came over to the checkout counter and I told him what had happened, but before I could name the book I'd lost, he held it up.  I had forgotten the book at the counter after I had paid for it and the gal there hadn't noticed until I was gone.

I told him I thought he had one of the nicest old book stores anywhere and who would ever expect to find one in an airport?

Mystery solved and the mess at the gate had at least allowed me to get my book back.

Reading Material.  --RoadBook


No comments: