The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 4: Now the Fun Starts

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd

Left the bookstore and quickly encountered the TSA security check in line.  Again, no line and had to produce my driver's license and begin disrobing.  Off came the belt, shoes, wallet, everything in my pockets, my sweatshirt, cell phone and then came the full body scan.

I tell you, it is enough to discombobulate you.  And it sure did.  I was able to sit down and redress and get everything together, but wait a minute.  Something is missing.  Where is that book I just bought?  Checked all over.  No book.  Went back to the TSA check in line and after awhile got someone's attention as to my plight and was told they would ask the other agents.  Waited a while and no response, so asked another one who said they had not found it.

Little did I know at the time, but this was the very beginning of happy times in the airport.  Just as I had feared.  

With a sad heart at my loss, I started down the hallway to my gate.

--RoadDog

No comments: