The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, April 15, 2024

Savannah Bound: Back on the Plane

From April 3 to April 9 I visited my sister and her boyfriend in Pooler, Georgia, outside Savannah not too far from the Savannah International Airport.

This was the first time I had been on a plane since at least 2011, nor had I been on them much before that.  However, in the 70s, 80s and 90s Liz and I often flew to destinations.  Liz became uncomfortable flying and stopped and I later joined her when it seemed to me that the airlines had stopped being nice to their customers and, of course, the obstacle course you had to go through to get out to the gate going through the TSA checkpoints. 

Kind of made me feel like the folks going through the Nazi checkpoints in the WW II movies.  Plus, you had that full body scan and almost had to disrobe.  No shoes, no belts, no keys, no wallets.  A regular no shirt, no shoes, no service thing.

Plus there was the the extra charge for luggage enacted as well as all the food you get in regular seats.

I hate lines and crowds.  I avoid them as much as I can.  And then there is the question of what you can have in your luggage, especially in the pills and toiletries department.  Also, a whole lot of it is done via smart phones, something I am learning but not good at.

Scared at the Airport.  --RoadDog


No comments: