The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Savannah Bound-- Part 5: Where's My Gate, Cell Phones

April 3

I am on Concourse D and had seen at Gate 49.  It was at the end of a long hallway which then split and went in two directions.  I looked at a sign which told which gates were where.  But, no Gate 49.  One direction said Gates 36 to 48 and the other sign said Gates 51 to 58.  Walked around a bit, but didn't find any Gate 49.  Looked at my ticket again.

Oh, Gate 47.  I now knew where my gate was.

I had worked up a hunger and since there is very little food on the planes anymore, I went to a place and bought a $7 giant bagel with cream cheese.  Very filling.

I found out that my flight had been delayed 44 minutes.  No problem with my connection however.  Still had plenty of time in Atlanta to get tom my next gate.  Pretty much all Delta flights go through Atlanta.

So, I missed reading my book that I had somehow misplaced and sat at the gate watching people.  Everyone was on their cell phones.  But one guy was on a smart phone, but put it away and pulled out a book to read.  Whoa!!  What's this?  Then I saw he was charging his cell phone but evidently had a backup plan.

More and more people showed up and soon they announced that there was going to be a problem with carry on storage and they would check your carryon through to your destination with no charge.  I volunteered my piece.  However, my glasses were in it and I found that to be a problem when I got to Atlanta.  Everyone had carryon luggage.

--Still in the Airport.  --RoadDog


No comments: