The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, October 1, 2018

Me and the Cubs


Two things about the Chicago Cubs and myself.

1.  I have been keeping a journal since 1978 and in April 1981, I noted in it after an early season trip to Wrigley Field that I couldn't drink at Wrigley Field any more.

They HAD RAISED the price of beer to $1.50!!!!  How much does it cost now?

2.  Liz and I used to go to Chicago at least once or twice a month.  Even more often during the baseball season.  But when the Cubs got their lighting and Chicago put sticker-only parking around Wrigley Field and then expanded it to anywhere in Chicago that attracted people, that was it for us.

We now have been to Chicago about three times since 1988.

Oh Well.  --RoadDog



No comments: