The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Monday, February 13, 2017

N.C. January 2017-- Part 5: Cruising in the Dark and Some Fog in W. Va.

JANUARY 13, 2017, FRIDAY

I don't know, traveling on Friday, January 13th, perhaps not a lucky thing.

Had biscuits and gravy in the lobby, much better than you usually get at Super 8.  The clerk said they get a whole lot of repeat guests because of the cleanliness and price of the rooms.

Left at 6:15 and it was still dark outside for the 30 miles on I-70 to I-77 at Cambridge.  I left early as I was going to pick up my nephew Andy at Raleigh-Durham Airport.  Still somewhat dark until half way to Marietta, Ohio, on the Ohio River.

At least the pavement was dry, but I did pass quite a few snow plow trucks parked along the sides of the I-77.

Clear drive to Charleston, West Virginia, but after that it was drizzle off and on as well as heavy fog (at times I couldn't see more than 300-400 feet in front of me).  Paid my three $2 tolls to use the West Virginia Turnpike.

--RoadDog

No comments: