The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Going Back to 1968-- Part 1: "Back in the USSR"

On January 21st, 2017, as I was driving back home from North Carolina, I got far enough into the Chicagoland area that, while looking for a new radio station to listen to, I came up with one of my favorites, WXRT, 93.1 FM and caught the last three songs of Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback which went to that great high school year (Palatine High School) for me, 1968.

I looked up the playlist and it was so good, I decided to list them all.

WATERLOO SUNSET--  Kinks
BABY COME BACK--  Equals
BACH IN THE USSR--  Beatles

ITCHYCOO PARK--  Small Faces
LEGEND OF A MIND--  Moody Blues
(SITTIN' ON) THE DOCK OF THE BAY--  Otis Redding

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER--  Jimi Hendrix
MONTERREY--  Animals
SSE SAW--  Aretha Franklin

Name That Tune (from above songs):  "(What Did You Do There?)  I Got High."  --RoadDog



"Itchycoo Park"

No comments: