The Shamrock Court Motel in Sullivan, Missouri. It can be yours for $125,000. Lots of possibilities. Actually, now you're too late. Missouri's Roamin' Rich bought it.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

N.C. January 2017-- Part 3: Gas and Indianapolis Rush Hour

JANUARY 12, 2017

Listened to the usual Illinois radio stations while cruising.  That would be METV-FM (oldies) until Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten (1973) began on WDRV, then WJEZ in Pontiac (classic oldies) and WGCY in Gibson City (beautiful music).  Then I found a classic country station out of Champaign.  I like a variety when traveling.

The temperature never got above 32 degrees until I got to I-74, near Champaign, Illinois.  Nicest thing about that was that there was no longer all that slop from melting ice the trucks were putting onto the windshield.

Gas at the usual Crawfordsville, Indiana, stop was $2.25, but I did see it at $1.96 at one place east on Indianapolis.  Usually gas stood at around $2.20 most of the trip.

Leaving home as late as I did, plus losing the hour going into the Eastern Time Zone meant I would be hitting the Indianapolis rush hour right at its peak, but, I went right through.  there was heavy traffic, but now stopping.  As a matter of fact, I found that if I went the 50-55 speed limit, I'd get run over.

--RoadDog

No comments: